• Salary & Benefits – Competitive based on experience and qualifications
• Training and future experience – Excellent opportunity to get training from industry experts in various areas of Mechanical Engineering technology and to become a leader of the future
The Senior Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• The management and overall responsibility for the mechanical engineering tasks – from simple analysis, all the way to delivery of a large-scale build and everything in between.
• Providing the technical team with reliable technical and engineering support.
• Development of analysis plans, proposals and quotations to cover a large array of potential analysis situations – which could include pressure, structural, mechanical, thermal, fluid and other system, for either design, decommissioning, fitness for service or other
• Adding modern and new approaches to the company with a capability to train others
• Interact within a multi-disciplined team and offer technical input
• Liaising with the client to establish and clarify their requirements and ensure that these are fulfilled.
• Maintaining quality of project deliverables, while ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget.
• Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
• Commitment to and promotion of company’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
• BEng/BSc/MSc. or a higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or related STEM subject
• Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status
Skills and Experience Required:
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineering in a relevant industry
• A detailed knowledge of computer aided engineering in general, with a good overall understanding of linear and non-linear methods in FEA and CFD, ideally using one of the following – ABAQUS/ANSYS/NASTRAN/CFX/FLUENT or similar
• An excellent understanding of Engineering Science – in particular, stress, strain, statics, dynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and engineering maths
• A practical ability to use CAD, ideally Solidworks or similar
• A good understanding of using analysis skills with international design codes (i.e. ASME, API, DNV, EN, BSI, ISO, etc)
• Ability to drive a project to completion is essential to ensure on time, within budget project delivery to meet customer expectations.
• Knowledge of other design disciplines allowing you to effectively communicate in a multi-discipline environment
• Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
• Experienced in providing site support for fabrication or installation
The following would be advantageous:
• A history of managing projects, tasks, teams and others – to have an ability to be a leader of the future
• Knowledge of fluid network analysis either via hand calculation or computerised methods
• Knowledge of pipe stress analysis using industry standard computerised codes
• A knowledge of being able to automate processes using programming methods
• A willingness to go onsite and offshore and complete training for relevant certificates (e.g. BOSIET, MIST etc)
To apply for the position please send your cv and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org