Salary & Benefits – Competitive based on experience and qualifications
Training and future experience – Excellent opportunity to get training from industry experts in various areas of Mechanical Engineering technology, and to become a leader of the future
The Graduate Engineer shall initially work as a team member, but as experience is gained, further responsibilities shall be given and will mirror that of an Engineer/Senior Engineer as and when applicable.
The graduate engineer shall be assigned tasks – which could be in any form of engineering and will predominantly take advantage of the graduate’s skill, experience and education. This could be to go on site/offshore and survey equipment using laser scanning, or development of some form of mathematical model, or CAD drawing for instance. The range of work could be massive. Training where required shall be given in these areas, either on the job, or through external courses.
Typical Engineer/Senior Engineer responsibilities to aim for, following a period of development, experience and learnings are:
- The management and overall responsibility for the mechanical engineering tasks – from simple analysis, all the way to delivery of a large-scale build and everything in between
- Providing the technical team with reliable technical and engineering support
- Interacting within a multi-disciplined team offer technical input
- Liaising with the client to establish and clarify their requirements and ensure that these are fulfilled
- Maintaining quality of project deliverables, while ensuring project is delivered on time and within budget
- Adding innovative thinking at design review stages along with the production of documentation to aid design, tender and procurement of a wide range of mechanical equipment
- Site based surveys, As Built exercises and constructability reviews
- Ensuring, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Commitment to and promotion of company’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- BEng/BSc. or higher degree in a STEM degree
- Ideally apprentice trained with associated qualifications
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally some practical engineering experience either gained through an apprenticeship or similar
- Some experience of computer aided engineering (i.e. CAD, FEA, CFD, etc.)
- Experience of creating coherent technical reports – possibly shown via final year project
The following would be advantageous:
- A good understanding of structural mechanics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, mathematical modelling and machines
- Computer programming/coding
- Creation and understanding of CAD modelling for parts, assemblies and drawings, ideally with Solidworks
- An interest in new technology
- A strong academic record
Please note candidates must be eligible to work in UK.
To apply for the position please send your cv and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org